Fangoria R.I.P.

Hier könnt Ihr über Literatur debattieren. Nein, Reich-Ranicki ist leider nicht Mitglied...
Antworten
Harryzilla
Diamond Kongulaner
Diamond Kongulaner

Fangoria R.I.P.

Beitrag von Harryzilla »

Fangoria 1979 - 2015
R.I.P.
:cry:
Ich liebe den Geruch von Napalm am Morgen!
MonsterAsyl
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fangoria R.I.P.

Beitrag von MonsterAsyl »

Oh, wurde die Publikation eingestellt? Sehr schade. Ich mochte die Fango sehr gern.
Keeper of the Monsters

Bild
Antropophagus
Gold Kongulaner
Gold Kongulaner

Beitrag von Antropophagus »

Laut Twitter existiert es aber noch...der letzte Eintrag ist 7 Stunden alt...

https://twitter.com/fangoria?lang=de
BildBildBildBildBild
Dr.Prankenstein
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von Dr.Prankenstein »

Nachdem Tony Timpone das Magazin 2010 abgegeben hatte, ging es eigentlich nur noch bergab. Das Heft wurde mehr und mehr auf modern getrimmt - und schreckte somit die "alten" Fans ab. Letztendlich hat man es auch nicht geschafft, junge Leser zu gewinnen. Man hätte eigentlich aus der Vergangenheit lernen können, denn anderen Printpublikationen (CQ oder auch FEMME FATALES) erging es ähnlich. Die Marke "Fangoria" wird man vermutlich nur noch als Netzleiche am Leben erhalten.
Harryzilla
Diamond Kongulaner
Diamond Kongulaner

Beitrag von Harryzilla »

Laut Twitter existiert es aber noch...der letzte Eintrag ist 7 Stunden alt...

http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuk ... wzAhVLsRQ4

Ein letztes Aufbäumen (Eintrag von Anfang Jänner).

http://www.fangoria.com/new/update-a-me ... goria-345/
Harryzilla
Diamond Kongulaner
Diamond Kongulaner

Beitrag von Harryzilla »

Dear Readers, Subscribers and Fans of FANGORIA Magazine,

In recent months, many in the horror community have speculated about the status of FANGORIA as a publication. Even as we worked away on the ever-changing FANGORIA #346, our financial and distribution obstacles kept print production languishing beyond what any of us might have expected. Now, after much deliberation and discussion, FANGORIA has several exciting announcements about the future of our print edition as well as the FANGORIA brand.

First off, FANGORIA has not ceased publication entirely, nor are we closing our doors; we are working hard to ensure #345, #346 and every future issue make their way to subscribers and shelves as soon as possible. However, given the circumstances, FANGORIA has decided to temporarily alter our release schedule for the print edition of FANGORIA.

Starting with FANGORIA #347, we are temporarily changing our production calendar for print issues to a bimonthly basis, modifying the annual number of those magazines from 10 to six. Print editions of FANGORIA will be set to publish in February, April, June, August, October and December. However, all existing and current subscribers will receive all issues owed according to previous agreements, with all 10-issue FANGORIA subscriptions being fulfilled beyond the calendar year.

Now, why is this decision being made, and why is it being made now? In complete honesty, there are multiple reasons as to why, both financial and logistical in nature. In the past several months, FANGORIA has seen our distribution and subscription fulfillment houses both go out of business, and as we acclimate to new beginnings, we believe the reduced print-issue count will not only ensure a greater, more focused product, but our staff will have more time to concentrate on individual customer support, brand growth and digital production…which leads to our next point.

In addition to the six print issues per year offered to subscribers on our new calendar, FANGORIA will be putting out four bonus digital issues complementary to each subscription. Furthermore, subscribers will receive digital editions of all six print issues of FANGORIA as soon as production is complete, meaning that they will receive 10 digital issues per year in total. Although our first digital-only FANGORIA issue will debut this July, our 2017 calendar will offer digital issues in March, May, September and November.

We ask our current readers and subscribers to please keep in mind that this change is temporary; FANGORIA hopes that with the current trajectory and a little patience, we can return to our previous standard of 10 print issues per calendar year in the near future. However, with this new, altered production model, readers and subscribers will get their Fango fix faster and more frequently.

Now, on to FANGORIA #346…

While the editorial staff awaits the physical printing and shipping of this edition, we are excited to announce that the digital version of the issue is available in its complete, uncut form here at Fangoria.com! Subscribers will be receiving a complimentary digital copy of FANGORIA #346 in the next 48 hours, while non-subscribers can purchase the digital issue for the low price of $3.99 here. This issue is devoted to the “Bad-Asses of Horror,” featuring interviews with GREEN ROOM’s Patrick Stewart, ASH VS. EVIL DEAD’s Bruce Campbell and Lucy Lawless, genre veteran Tom Atkins, punk icon turned horror actor Henry Rollins, Canadian veteran Michael Ironside and others (see the cover and full contents below). Editor-in-chief Michael Gingold says, “While efforts continue to resolve our printing and distribution issues, I and the rest of the editorial team are grateful to have the opportunity to get Fango #346 to our readers in digital form. We’ve put together a literally bad-ass issue, one we believe is worth the unfortunately long wait. We hope our fans enjoy it, and that we’ll able to get a print edition in their hands soon.”

Now, moving on to GOREZONE…

As of now, FANGORIA is putting production of GOREZONE #36 on hold as we work to retool our central publication. While GOREZONE is certainly a part of Fango’s past and present that we wish to honor, the editorial staff want to create and release a version of GOREZONE that we are as passionate about creating as our fans are to read it. Mark our words: There will be a future for GOREZONE, and we hope to at least bring our niche horror mag to 40 gloriously gruesome issues. But we need time to sink more heart and soul into GOREZONE, and as soon as we have an update, you’ll be the first to hear it. Furthermore, FANGORIA is planning a digital expansion over the next year as well, with an impending new look for our website as well as digital versions of vintage issues and the premiere of the FANGORIA International Online Film Festival this summer; keep an eye out for those announcements soon.

FANGORIA president Thomas DeFeo, editor-in-chief Michael Gingold, managing editor Ken W. Hanley and the rest of the staff would like to thank our readership for their immense patience over the course of this frustrating situation. With some truly exciting content coming up this summer, FANGORIA isn’t closing its coffins anytime soon, and we hope that you join us for this exciting new phase in our 37-year history.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Bücher & Magazine“