COZZILLA : Multi-disc dual layer special edition

Gewaltiger, größer, witziger - Mit Godzilla kann sich einfach keiner messen.
Antworten
Godzilla XT
Monster-God
Monster-God

COZZILLA : Multi-disc dual layer special edition

Beitrag von Godzilla XT »

NEU: GODZILLA : IL RE DEI MOSTRI (1977, Cozzilla s.r.l.): Multi-disc dual layer special edition
Etwas nach unten scrollen.

This is the infamous Luigi Cozzi re-envisionment of GODZILLA : KING OF THE MONSTERS, featuring seizure inducing color schematics and a flurry of stock footage, the amount of which hasn't been seen since the hey-day of Edward Wood Jr. This two disc set will include two seperate versions of the film, one which has been recreated by myself and the other mastered from the best sources currently available. Depending on how things go, the restored version may or may not include a 5.1 surround sound audio track, but details on that will be forthcoming. The restored version will be presented in both English and Italian. Also included will be a commentary track by yours truly and a brief documentary displaying just how one goes about recreating something as odd as this in the digital age. Both versions of the film will be presented in anamorphically enhanced 1.85:1 widescreen. This set will retail at $29.99, release date TBA.

All of the above will be released between Thanksgiving of this year (November 24) and February of 2006. More details on each of the releases, including cover art, disc art, menu designs and screenshots, will be made available in the near future. Preorders for each title will begin precisely one month from the scheduled release date.

A note about Dual Layer DVD's (DVD+R DL). PLEASE check your player for compatibility prior to ordering any of the dual layer titles, as I cannot be held responsible for player incompatibility. All discs are region free NTSC. I look to have PAL formatted discs available in the future, more details on that will be made available when I have them.
The World Wide Web is like a spider's web - full of dirt and bugs!
godzilla2664
Gold Kongulaner
Gold Kongulaner

Beitrag von godzilla2664 »

das ist der bootlegger, dem ich die aktuelle cozzilla-version (ein echter augenverbrenner :? :? ) abgekauft habe und ausserdem die doppel-dvd der "prophecies of nostradamus", die für eine dvd auch gerade mal annehmbar ist.

was er da über "green slime" schreibt, hört sich nach einer rechten bastelei an ... ich für meinen teil werde mir bei dem eher nichts mehr holen ...
Keep watching the Skies!
Godzilla XT
Monster-God
Monster-God

Beitrag von Godzilla XT »

Gut zu wissen! Werde jedenfalls weiterhin nach COZZILLA-Medien suchen. DVD, S-VHS, VHS, Super8,etc.!

Gruß
Godzilla XT
The World Wide Web is like a spider's web - full of dirt and bugs!
Godzilla-2000
Kongulaner
Kongulaner

Re: COZZILLA : Multi-disc dual layer special edition

Beitrag von Godzilla-2000 »

*push*

Deutsche Label, anstatt zig-fach erhältliche Filme immer wieder neu aufzulegen, http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1543211/ (Luigi Cozzis Version von "Godzilla", aka "Cozzilla") wäre etwas, das auszugraben wirklich begrüssenswert wäre.

Nachdem sich nun auch Criterion die Chance entgehen liess...
http://www-sf-films-db.blogspot.com/

PROUDLY SUPPORTING FANTASTIC CINEMA INTERNATIONAL
INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE-FICTION HORROR FANTASY
ULTRA-RARE ASIAN CULT WEIRDNESS

Es gibt keine amerikanischen Godzilla-Filme.
caro31
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von caro31 »

Das wird niemand offiziell ausgraben, da die TOHO an sowas keine Rechte vergibt :mrgreen:
Bild
Godzilla-2000
Kongulaner
Kongulaner

Vielleicht sollte man es einfach mal versuchen. Natürlich müsste auch Toho Geld sehen dafür.

caro31
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von caro31 »

Wäre dann aber höchstwahrscheinlich Geld-verbrennen :mrgreen:
außerdem achtet die Toho ziemlich genau darauf, was man veröffentlich - und ich denke nicht, dass sie für den Cozzilla einme Lizenz vergeben würden :rofl:
Bild
Plasmo
Kongulaner
Kongulaner

Beitrag von Plasmo »

ralo31 hat geschrieben:Wäre dann aber höchstwahrscheinlich Geld-verbrennen :mrgreen:
außerdem achtet die Toho ziemlich genau darauf, was man veröffentlich - und ich denke nicht, dass sie für den Cozzilla einme Lizenz vergeben würden :rofl:
Genau so sieht's aus. Die Toho ist wahrlich kein Verein der händeringend versucht seine Filme zu verkaufen nur um ein bisschen Geld zu verdienen. Die haben genug bzw. soviel als dass sie sich vollkommen Imagefragen und Firmenehre widmen können. Sowas wie Half Human wird auch noch einige Zeit dauern und vielleicht sogar nie offiziell erscheinen - Das ist keine Geldfrage.

Für Cozzila hingegen sehe ich völlig schwarz. Da wird nie was kommen.
-Wer ist der ärgste Feind unseres Mechagodzilla?
-Godzilla.
-Richtig!
godzilla2664
Gold Kongulaner
Gold Kongulaner

Beitrag von godzilla2664 »

stimmt. offiziell gibt's den film ja auch gar nicht ...
Keep watching the Skies!
Godzilla-2000
Kongulaner
Kongulaner

Gemäss Interview mit Luigi Cozzi auf SciFiJapan.com lief der Film in Cozzis Version durch Toho lizenziert in Italiens Kinos und wurde später durch Toho daselbst in ebendieser Version auch noch in die Türkei verkauft.

Natürlich kann es sein, dass Cozzi einfach Unsinn redet, doch daran zweifle ich.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... igi-cozzi/

John DeSentis: How closely was Toho involved during the process?

Luigi Cozzi: I got the GODZILLA re-release rights from Toho. Then I made an additional deal with them: they authorized me to go ahead with the colorizing idea, providing that at the end the new color negative was to be their propriety. I accepted and signed the additional deal. When we finished, we gave the colorized negative to Toho. Some time afterwards, I heard from people at the lab that Toho had sold my colorized version to Turkey, so in Turkey too it did play in colors."

(...)

John DeSentis: I read that only one print actually exists of the film.

Luigi Cozzi: Yamato Video here in Milan owns one color 35mm print of GODZILLA. It’s not one of the prints I made in 1976 but a brand new one, plus its original colorized 35mm film negative.

John DeSentis: Do you know if your version of GODZILLA will ever be released in any format in Italy or anywhere else?

Luigi Cozzi: Some years ago, Yamato bought from Toho the original 1954 GODZILLA and they planned to release it, and then to release the Raymond Burr and my colorized version in a double DVD. But the 1954 GODZILLA turned into a flop [sales wise] and so they decided to give up to their plans to release the double DVD. In any case, they still own my 35mm original colorized negative, having got it from Toho.

John DeSentis: Do you know if the Yamato DVD company is aware of all the great Godzilla DVDs that have come out here in the United States and around the world? Several of the people involved with this website have done commentary on the DVDs of the classic films. I would guess that many Godzilla fans would love to see your version released in a good quality copy. Perhaps they should rethink releasing COZZILLA.

caro31
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von caro31 »

Selbst wenn damals die Toho das durchgewunken haben sollte (was ich nicht wirklich glaube :-P ), würde der Konzern das heute garantiert nicht mehr tun - die Zeiten haben sich da wirklich geändert (nicht zum guten...) :roll:
Bild
Megaguirus 01
Monster-God
Monster-God

Beitrag von Megaguirus 01 »

Schade, dass die Fassung nie erschienen ist. Würde mich brennend interessieren, den Film zu sehen. Bestimmt eine einzigartige Erfahrung :-P
Antworten

Zurück zu „GODZILLA, GAMERA, GUILA & Co. - Kaiju Eiga“